Monday, October 20, 2008

Just another day on the farm...

Since the kids have a day off today, we headed out to Grammy and Grampy's farm. My clothes smell like bonfire smoke, my hands smell like dog, and the kids are dirty beyond measure, but a good time was had by all!

After a quick look around, we helped Grampy drag some boxes, branches and wood scraps to a paddock to build a quick bonfire, trying to feed Big Guy's typical 10-year-old-boy pyromania!


I can't believe I put this one in the post, as the photo of me is fairly horrible, but Big Guy was trying to be in a picture while taking it, and I thought he was pretty funny...



A little smoky perhaps? (The consequences of bonfires on very windy Kansas days!)



The Pied Piper of Holton leads his charges:



Basking in a rare moment of sunshine:

Hangin' with the goats:




Having a moment with the turtles:

Just hanging around the pony pens:




Coming...


And going...

The elder statesman of Prancing Pony Farm in a moment of ease!


They start driving young out on the farm!

1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

Fun pictures! My kids would go nuts over all the animals.