Thursday, February 19, 2009

I can see clearly now, the dirt has gone

Who knew what a difference clean windows would make? (Okay, yeah, I knew, but I forgot.) I just had the window cleaners in for the first time in, well, too long. (Let's leave it at that, please.) Holy mackerel, do they look good! They even make the gloomy February landscape look prettier, which is quite a feat.

Add that to carpet replacement/shampooing, massive mulching, weeding and clipping going on outside, and the reorganization/decluttering that's been ongoing since the new year, and slowly but surely I am reclaiming my house from neglect (which I choose to blame on the babies). Yes, I know I still have a toddler (plus two other kids who aren't paragons of tidiness, either) but I am ready to pay attention again now, I guess. (At least this week.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Yeah our windows are not that clean either but they are annoying to get clean so I am living with it. don't feel bad about blaming your kids for them mess. I am sure you house would be a lot cleaner if they were not messing things up. I know mine would be.

Sarah Blue said...

A clean house is great and feels a lot more comfortable for some reason. I'm glad that you're reclaiming yours. Although, I feel sorry for whoever washed your windows. KS is freezing!! I definately wouldn't want to do that job in the winter. :)