Thursday, May 3, 2007

Watch out WWW, here I come...

Well, I never really thought I'd become a blogger, even after reading MANY knitting blogs regularly over the last year or so. But the temptation to have a journal/scrapbook/way to keep in touch finally became too great. This was a somewhat impulsive decision, but it's not as though I'm committing to another child or anything, so I think we'll be fine!

I had a great post all written out before that I accidentally deleted in my novice blogging attempts, so this might not be as polished as it once was.

Here are my kid-a-lings:



We've been (unwillingly, on my part) rising really early lately, so we had time for an impromptu photo shoot this morning before school.

Things I'll probably be blogging:

*the kiddos
*knitting
*baking, cooking
*household organization
*church stuff
*books
*other media (including the sad amount of TV I've been watching as a result of having a baby to snuggle and feed on the couch!)


Just because the picture on the subject is too cute, I'm going to include a bit of knitting content on this introductory post. One of my current projects is to make matching scarves and other winter accessories for Grace and me for next winter. The yarn is Patons SWS (soy wool stripes, a natural fiber self-striping yarn which is lovely and soft but fairly roughly spun -- if I liked sharp, pointy metal needles, it would probably drive me crazy because it splits easily) and the pattern is a slip stitch rib which is my basic "go-to" scarf stitch. Miss G's scarf is done and mine is about halfway done. Here's her opinion of the scarf...




Do you think she likes it?

And in baby news, little mister had his first Gerber sweet potato puffs today. Big hit, that's all I'm saying! And since he's been pretty clingy with 3 or 4 teeth coming in at once, they are a big hit with me, too, since it means he'll be happy in the high chair for a little longer!






Well, I'm outta here for today!

3 comments:

mayflowermama said...

I've kept a blog over at LiveJoural for the past 4 years.

It was fun to see your children too.

Kathleen

BD said...

As a happy grandfather myself, I am so pleased to see your family blossum. They are all beautiful - but that figures.

Fondest Regards,

Burney Dardar

Eunice Marion said...

Hi Beth.
thank you for the invite to another side of your life what a awesome way to learn who you are with your kidlings too..
Cheers girlfriend..
Eunice